Grid Development & Planning Department
The Planning and Investments department is responsible for developing transmission grid plans to meet future demand and provide engineering services in line with the company strategic objectives
- Grid Planning
- Standards & Specifications
- Survey & GIS
- Research & Development
- To develop and implement power purchase and transmission plans, to meet the future electricity demand of the country and the transport services in line with company strategic objectives.
- To ensure adequate generation and transmission capacity to meet the growing demand and exports.
- To meet Regional/International quality standards of power supply.
- To meet acceptable reliability standards of power supply.
- To improve transmission efficiency.
- To promote Regional Power trade.
- To ensure safety to staff and the general public.